Saturday, April 13, 2013

GETTING THE HOLY SPIRIT AND REVELATION FROM JESUS

Dear friends that's what we are here to do. We are here to seek to know the Lord and I was reading before where the Lord said that he who has his commandments, it is he who loves me and it is he who the father will manifest himself to him. And so when we keep the Lord's commandments and when we abide in his love, it is then that we have the Lord manifested himself to us. And that is why so many people they don't have the Lord manifesting himself to them, it is because they don't keep his commandments. But that's not what we're here to do. We are here to keep the Lord's commandments and do as he wills hallelujah. Tonight we're going to be having the communion meal and we're going to eat in remembrance of Jesus Christ so if you got any bread and if you've got a something to drink then bring it along. Now I was talking about before about the wonderful things of Jesus Christ and how Jesus said that he will give you things when you get to know him and he becomes a reality. He is not just the afar of belief in the bible like he is to so many Christians.

You see Jesus to me used to have no real reality and I just kept living my own ways. He was not my Lord, he wasn't my reality. I didn't have his reality in me, he didn't speak to me and I didn't have power in his name to do things. But you see what happened was when I decided to repent and seek the Lord, he came into my life and he became my reality because he revealed himself to me. I turned away from my sins and I sincerely sought the Lord and if you seek him you will find him, and that's what I found. And so what happened was that the Lord gave me peace, the peace that I just never had before. Because that's what he said, he said in John 14 to 27, he said, peace I leave with you my peace I give to you not as the world gives you so let not your conscience be troubled or your heart be troubled or afraid. So that's what Jesus said dear friends that when you seek to know him he will give you peace and when he manifests himself to you will have peace. And that is like a litmus test is do you know the Lord then if you know him he will speak to you and he will give you his peace and he will reveal himself to you. But if you don't know the Lord yet it is because you need to abide with him and obey his commandments. And many Christian they will go along to church and read the Bible but they'll practice sin everyday and they wont want to obey the Lord Jesus Christ and so they keep on sinning and keep on following their own paths. And that's what I used to do; I used to live after what I wanted to do in life I didn't deny myself pick up across and follow Jesus so of course God never heard me. God doesn't hear prayers of sinners who don't repentance as it is written in John 9. he says that he turns his ear from the sinner but hears those who turn to him in righteousness and repentance. And so dear friends if we want the Lord Jesus Christ to have himself manifest himself to us it means that we have to repent. We have to turn away from our lifestyle, because if we don't do that then we're just going to continue living like everybody else who are unbelievers and we are going to end up in the fire with the unbelievers even we say we believe in Jesus and we might even go to church and we might read the Bible diligently, but it is not going to help us one single bit if we do not become doers of the word.

And that's what Jesus says about where the seed lands. He likens people who do the word to the good man's heart, where the seed goes there and the man hears and understands and decides to do it. And so what he does is he repents of his sin and he turns away from following his life. He does what Jesus said to go give away what you have and seek and follow me, take up your cross and follow me, deny yourself. That's what Jesus said. And so that's what I had to do. I had to give away my disputes and my career that I was doing that was my own selfish part that wasn't according to what God wanted me to do and I had to turn away from doing these things and I had to give it all up and I had to go follow Jesus. And I gladly did this because I found that treasure in the field that where Jesus talks about the man who finds this field with treasury and it and he sees the field and sells all he has and he goes and buys that field. And that's what Jesus said, where your heart is there also will be your treasure. And that's why he said that you cannot serve him and follow him while you still follow the world and focus on all your entertainment and TV media and chase after music and careers and sports and all this stuff. You know if that's where your heart is, you will never have the peace of the Lord he will never reveal himself to you and you will never know him because of that is the broad path to destruction, and so many people are on this path. But if we want to have the way of Jesus in us if we want Jesus to reveal himself to us then we've got to go and deny ourselves pick up our cross and follow him. We got to put away our ways. Thats what we got to do and that's what I did and that's when Jesus revealed himself to me. You see Jesus became very real to me. He healed me he gave me peace he started to speak to me he started to show me things in dreams. You know Jesus Christ is a reality and if you don't know his reality then it's time to see him hallelujah.

And I want to tell you how Jesus reveals himself to you; he does it when you obey his commandments. When you put away your ways and decide to pursue him. He becomes number one in your life hallelujah. And that's what Jesus said, he said he who has my commandments and keeps them it is he who loves me. And he says I will manifest myself to him I will love him and manifest myself to him John chapter 14. and so that is how we get Jesus to become a reality to us if we reach out in faith realizing he is who he is and decide to turn to him in repentance and all dedication. Now the reason why so many pastors and preachers and leaders and Christians do not have Jesus manifest himself to them is because they don't OBEY him. They don't keep his commandments and they don't keep them. As Jesus said that it is he who keeps my commandments is he who loves me and it is he who I manifest myself to him. So dear friends that is what we got to do. We got to give ourselves to the Lord fully and turn away from all false paths so that Jesus Christ can wash us completely and utterly clean because Jesus will wash to clean if you repent. Now Jesus also talks about the importance of repentance and doing his commands and so the Lord warns us that if we follow him then we have to keep his commandments and do as he says, otherwise we are foolish people and were just building our house on the sand and not on the rock. But we want to build our house on the rock hallelujah. And Jesus warns very specifically about these things he says that if you sin you have an advocate with the father and if you repent of your sins, I will be faithful says the Lord and I will cleanse you of your righteousness. So he's calling you to repent. But the Lord says that if you do not repent I'll come at a time that you think not and you will be cut off with the unbelievers and cast into the outer darkness. That's what Jesus warned about in Revelation and also in the parable of the three servants and the talents.

You see one of those servants didn't increase what the Lord had given him and he was lazy and he didn't work for the Lord properly and he only had one talent in the end and he got cast out into the outer darkness because he wasn't faithful. But the ones who are faithful were the ones who the Lord was proud of and he said well done my good and faithful servant. And he said that they had a reward in heaven. And that's what we got to do dear friends we have to keep the Lord's commands to us and his commands are going to be in your heart. You know people say what are the commandments of the Lord. Are they the 10 Commandments? Jesus Christ will have his own commands for you and he will tell you what to do and you must obey him. You see when we follow the Lord we don't strive after keeping the 10 Commandments because that is going under the law and the law cannot save us. When we follow Jesus he will write his commandments on your heart and it is there you will keep them. You will not commit adultery. You will not look in lust. You'll luck out the ways of evil every day you will not lie cheat and you will not steal because Jesus Christ sets you free from those dark paths. Is not that wonderful and you will no longer continue to sin. You'll be set free from sin and you'll stops sinning every day hallelujah. Because Jesus said in John 8:37 that he who I set free shall be free indeed. And that's what I want to talk about today is when Satan comes to you and he tries to tempt you to come back to sin so you can fall away from Jesus and be under bondage again it is then that you must stand and above all else stand, because the enemy is going to come against you and he is going to try and bring you back to lying back to lusting back to looking in lust, back to watching the usual stuff of the world and not being serious about Jesus. He is going to try and take you away from serving the Lord daily. He is going to take you away from praising the Lord and how does he do that?

He is going to try and abuse you. He's going to try and put things onto you and abuse your mind, and is going to bring into your mind all kinds of stuff. And you've got to stand against Satan with the power of Jesus and not cower to him and be a worthy soldier. You can't just bow down to Satan and let him put these things on to you so that you just follow his way that he wants you to do and be DEFEAT. You know the reason why so many Christians are in so much defeat these days is because they don't have Jesus and not walking with Jesus, and so they're not using his name against Satan and they're falling away to sin. And sin is what cuts you off from Jesus and that's why you fall away. But friends we must not let ourselves be cut off so we've got to make sure that we got to put out all wickedness because Satan is going to put it into your mind. He is going to come to you with desires and he is going to get these desires into you. He is go trying cause you to fall away from the truth and it can be anything. For some it might be immorality, for others it might be lying for others it might be various sins. Whatever it is everybody is different. No person on this earth has no sin. They all have these ways of sin inside of them and this way of sin will manifest itself if you go and follow it and you'll become whatever that is. That's why some people have so many problems with certain areas of their life and other people don't, and they have a problem somewhere else but Satan knows where that problem will be. And Satan is going to come against you hard when you decide to turn away from your sin and you decide to turn to Jesus and get to know him. And when you get to know the Lord and abide with him and then you are saved from the way to the fire, then Satan is going to try and get you back to the way of the fire, so he can drag you once more into the fires of hell.

And so that is why you got to be vigilant and watchful and when these imaginations and thoughts of any kind come in to you against people or whatever it is, you have to take control and you have to cast things out in the name of Jesus and bring them to submission to Christ everything. Because we are in a war and don't think that Satan is going to be sleeping because he is not. He is going to be at you in all kinds of ways to bring you down. But if we don't abide in Jesus and he hasn't revealed himself to us and we don't hear the Lord, what hope do we have dear friends! We're just walking our own path in life, a rudderless ship and we're at the mercy of the enemy. That is why I tell you it is so very important today that you repent and you turn away from every single sin, every sin and you fully dedicate yourself to obeying and serving Jesus Christ. And what happens is when you do that Jesus will reveal himself to you and he will make himself known to you and he will become your reality so you no longer can fall away to be an evolutionists or an atheist or whatever like so many other Christians do who never knew Jesus to begin with. They had a little seed and then the enemy came and snatched away the seed. Or they had a seed and then the cares of life grew up and they choked out the seed and it died. You know the cares of life all these sorts of things. So friends that is why we have to be so dedicated and watchful and stay with the Lord Jesus Christ to stay following him and abiding in him because the enemy is out for your soul. He is out to bring you away from Jesus so that you no longer abide with the Lord. And that's why we need the Holy Spirit. Now so many people they do not have the Holy Spirit of God. He is not in them and they never came to the father and asked for the Holy Spirit and so they don't have any guidance in this life.

But I want to tell you that when you seek to obey the Lord Jesus and you give your life to him, what happens is Jesus Christ will give you the Holy Spirit and he will lead you so you will be able to have power and the sword of the Spirit. You see many Christians think that their Bible is the sword of the Spirit so they quote verses at Satan yet they don't have his Holy Spirit and wonder why nothing happens because they don't have the sword of the Spirit which is the Holy Spirit using scriptures. And so you need to have the Holy Spirit fill you otherwise you are at the mercy to the enemy. Now I want to read you what Jesus said about having the Holy Spirit. Jesus said that if you love me you will keep my commandments. So if you love Jesus you'll stop sinning and you will turn to him hallelujah. And the Lord said that, I will pray to the father and he will give you the helper that will abide with you forever the spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive. This is the Holy Spirit. He will come to dwell with you and will be in you. Now that's how you have the Holy Spirit. You obey Jesus and stop your sin. You turn away from your evil and you keep his commandments and all his commandments are written in your heart. Not the law of Moses or not the 10 Commandments, rather all the commandments of the Lord are written in your heart. And so when you turn to the Lord and you decide to turn away from your sins then he will write his commandments on your heart what to do hallelujah. And so you the law says don't commit adultery but you know what Jesus said about that, Jesus said if you even look with lust at someone you commit adultery. And so when these people they try and keep all the 10 Commandments but they never go to Jesus, they are lost you know they're in darkness because the law will condemn them anyway. But it is only when you turn to the Lord and you keep his commandments when he says to turn away from sin and seek to know him, that you will come to have these commandments abides in you so that you can be filled with the Holy Spirit hallelujah. And that's why Jesus said in the Bible he said he said he is the bread of life. He didn't say the Bible is the bread of life. He said he is the bread of life. He said if anybody comes to me and eats of me he will never hunger again.

He said come to me all you who thirst and I will give you water to drink because I'm the water of life. And so people say well the Scriptures are so what they do is they study that Torah and they tied the law on their foreheads and they strive to keep the written letter yet they never went to Jesus who is the bread and water of life. And so they got no life in them whatsoever. And only Jesus dear friends can change your heart and make your heart a new way so you can understand all his commandments to keep. You see the Lord says the Lord may say in the law or to the unbelievers that you must not steal and that's in their hearts they know not to steal. The Lord says to you in your heart you can't do whatever it is and you'll know in your heart what you should not be doing today. And he will warn you about it. You know one brother was downloading some software that was on a pirated site and the Lord warned him that's stealing and the Lords peace left this person because he was stealing things off the Internet. So the unbelievers might say it is not really stealing, but it is the Lord knows. And so when you have the Lord abiding in you and his commandments in your heart you will know these things. That's why I tell you, don't go trying to keep the 10 Commandments to save yourself because you must get to know Jesus Christ to save yourself. You must have him abide in your heart. You must have his living bread. You must eat of his words that come into your mind and heart when you get to know him. Jesus said to me when I sought to know him Jesus said ABIDE in me. He said abide in me, he said that.

A lot of times he told me abide in me. And I wondered but then I remember the scripture because you see the words of Jesus by his Holy spirit will be backed up also by the Scriptures. And so the Holy Spirit brought me to the attention of this particular scripture where Jesus says if you abide in me and I abide in you, you will bear much fruit for apart from me you can do absolutely nothing. And so if you got the Holy Spirit in you then he will start to show you the scriptures that prove what he is saying is true and the Lord Jesus Christ will reveal and manifests himself to you if you turn away from sin hallelujah. Is not that wonderful, that's what we got to do hallelujah. So friends, I want to keep warning you that you must get to know Jesus. I want to read to you again what Jesus said about him revealing himself to you. The reason why so many Christians fall away from Lord is because they don't know Jesus. He doesn't reveal himself to them. Has Jesus revealed himself to you? If not go and keep his commandments and he will. That is what Jesus said. He said if anyone loves me and keeps my commandments I will love him and manifest myself to him. Other translations say reveal, this one says manifest. That means he's going to make himself known to you and when you know him, he is no longer a mystery. He is no longer blind faith, you get to know the Lord for yourself and real things happen in your life and I'm telling you real things. Jesus Christ is the real power over real things. I sent the devil out the other day with certain things and that's through the power of Jesus Christ. I overcome by Jesus Christ. I overcome by the Holy Spirit within me manifesting himself through me and I can use the name of Jesus with power.

And that's what happens with true believers not the false believers, the believers who don't know Jesus, they don't know him and are on their way to the fire. So I want to challenge you today do you know Jesus does he manifests himself to you? If you don't you need to repent and you need to keep his Commandments and then he will manifest himself to you and he said that if you keep my commandments I will send you the Holy Spirit. He said I will pray to the father and send you the Holy Spirit. So people say how can I get the Holy Spirit? I say keep his commandments and he will send you the Holy spirit. Go and ask. You know what Jesus said? He said if you ask the father in heaven for the Holy Spirit, he will give you the Holy Spirit. He says if your child asks you for a piece of bread you don't give him a stone and he said how much will the heavenly father give you the Holy Spirit if you would go and ask and you are in his will. But many people are not in his will. They asked Jesus and they go and ask the father in heaven yet they're still sinning. They still got stolen material on their computer, they are still lying, still lusting, still got porn in their room. How is God going to hear you? He wont hear you. God says in John chapter 9 that he doesn't hear sinners. He wont listen. He won't listen to you until you repent and that's why he said first you must repent and turn away from your sin and then you can come before the Lord and he will hear and accept your prayers. So it is a vital dear friends, how can God hear you while you still got a past that you have a made up for yet. You still got people in the past that you have not gone back to and said sorry. How is God going to listen to you when you haven't forgiven somebody, or you're still holding something in your heart against somebody. God is not going to hear your prayers. He won't listen, John Chapter 9, the Lord won't listen to sinners. Sinners are people who do sin. If you're practicing sin today and you go to the Lord and pray he wont hear. He will only hear you if you're like the penitent tax collector.

The one who decided to repent of all his sins. He went before the Lord in tears he meant it, he wanted to repent and he said Lord I'm so sorry I'm a sinner I've done all these things. And he was cut to the heart and he realized that he was not right before God and he fell on his knees before the Lord in tears. Is that how you are today about your your continued sin. Well if you do that the Lord will hear you and you would turn away from sin and you will go on and you would sin no more hallelujah. That is what the Lord did for me dear friends. Is that he gave me the Holy Spirit because I kept the Lord's commandments and I asked. And when you ask and you keep the Lord's commandments, the Lord will do for you. And that's why Christians they just don't have the reality of Jesus with them in the churches today and many of them fall away to their own beliefs, they backslide, they follow evolution, some become atheists some become muslim and they say how they used to be Christian but never really believed. They realize it wasn't true and pastors will they even say that. Some have turned away. You know why that is? It is because Jesus was never a reality to them. They never repented of their sin properly and Jesus never abided with them. Plain and simple if Jesus abides with you, then you will be able to turn away from your sin properly and he will cleanse you from all unrighteousness. So that's what we're here to do today friends. We are here to completely dedicate ourselves to this wonderful new way of following and obeying Jesus Christ. And what happens is he will come into your life and he will change you and he will give you the Holy Spirit and that is a way to get the Holy Spirit. And many people say how can I get the Holy Spirit how? And I say it's simple. Jesus said the way to get the Holy Spirit. He said keep my commandments and I will give you the Holy Spirit. It is that simple, Lord says to keep my commandments and I will give you the Holy Spirit. Wonderful praise the Lord.

We are here to completely dedicate ourselves to the new way of Jesus Christ hallelujah. Praise his name. And get him to manifest himself to us and have his way reveal into our hearts. Now it is wonderful that we can be here for the Lord today and have the Holy Spirit fill us. I really want to push this issue today. I want to ask you do you have the Holy Spirit? And if you don't well I'm telling you the way to get the Holy Spirit so he can lead you can speak in tongues. And the only way to do that is to obey Jesus and fully dedicate yourself to him and obey his commandments. I tell you it is true, if you don't obey Jesus and you don't repent he won't reveal himself to you and he won't send you the Holy Spirit. Because I want to read to you clearly what Jesus says about that, he says that if you love me and keep my commandments, John 14, he says I will send you another help, I will pray to the father and he will give you the holy Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive. And Jesus also says that if you keep my commandments I will reveal myself to you. And he also says in verse 27 that I will give you a peace that the world cannot give you and it will be in your heart. Okay so I want to ask you today the Scriptures say that, but what is the use of just listening to what the Scriptures say when you don't even seek to obey the commandments of the Lord and have that reality your heart! You know it's become my reality, I found that peace, I found the Holy Spirit leading me into victory over all sorts of stuff through Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ leads and speaks to me. Now what about you? Have you decided to give yourself 100% and fully to the Lord Jesus Christ and sort him to obey him and keep his commandments and turn away from all sin? If you do that you know what Jesus will reveal himself to you too and you will get to know the Lord yourself and he will manifest himself to you and lead you on the new way. And that's what's so wonderful dear friends when we follow the Lord he will put his new way into our hearts and we will become Spirit filled believers changed and dedicated on the new way following Christ. Now that's what we got to do if we have anything in our ways that have been displeasing to the Lord in the past, we've got to repent of it and we got to not be doing it. You know there's no point just staying in something that us displeasing to God because that will end you in the fires of hell. God is not mocked.

You've become something in a certain way or you've stayed a liar in some way or you've got lies in the past that you haven't repented of or maybe you're staying in whatever, and all sorts of sins, you might be living and abiding in a sin today, the Lord will not forgive you until you repent of that today. And that doesn't mean that you say I'm sorry and you just keep going on in that sin and you keep being that sin no you have to go back into the past and you've got to make it right before the Lord Jesus Christ hallelujah. And that's why dear friends it is not about the 10 Commandments, it is not about trying to keep the law as best you can, it's all about getting to know the Lord and having him reveal himself to you and being filled with the Holy Spirit that's what it's about. Because if you have him in you then you will be able to fulfil his law completely and you will be able to stop sinning and that's the only way is to have Jesus abiding in you then you will be able to stop sinning hallelujah. And that's what we're here to do today dear friends we're here to turn away from our sin and to quit our sin. We are here to repent today and we're here to completely put out all false ways according to the ways of Jesus Christ hallelujah amen. And if we can turn away from our sin and we can turn to the Lord and say look Lord I know longer want to do this anymore I get on my knees before you, I turn away from my immoral way or I turn away from the way that I went when I was young and I became wicked, you know, and you decide to go and do that then you're going to find a new way come into your heart because you truly truly repent. And we live in a very immoral society dear friends. We live in a society that loves homosexuality for instance and supports homosexual marriages. And we live in a society that thinks that all these things are okay. Trans-genders and all this kind of stuff, this society thinks that this is all fine and they don't realized that the judgment of God is coming upon all sexual immorality all seeking money and living for your own selfish ways of being greedy and chasing your desires. The judgment of God is coming down upon all these things upon all those who do it. And so dear friends if we want to escape the judgment of God then we have to repent and that's what we got to do. We got to call out to the Lord God and say sorry Lord I no longer will go this party. Take it from me, forgive me cleanse me, change me. And you will go into the past and you do whatever it is that you need to do about fixing up the wrong. So that's what the Lord Jesus Christ is warning us all today to do and that is to repent and if you do not repent then the the the axe is at the foot of the tree and Jesus said that he will be cut down and cast into the fire. So friends we have to be obedient to the Lord if your obedient the Lord is going to come and be with you and is going to abide in you. He is going to fill you with his wonderful truths. He is going to help you follow his name. He is going to give you power to be righteous and he's going to give you a new way and if you really repent and decide to obey his commandments and keep his words as also as are written in the Bible his words are there to go and read them, if you decide to keep his words he will reveal himself to you and he will reward your faith and he will fill you with his Holy Spirit and give you power turn Satan out. Hallelujah and that is when you shall have victory no more shall you struggle against lust and lying hate, fighting, a dirty tongue. No more will you struggle against these things because you will cast satan out in the name of Jesus and you'll have power over him you'll have power over the powers of darkness because you are walking in the light. And that's why I say it's not about you reading your Bible and being all religious, it's about you going to the light the bread of life of Jesus Christ and eating from him. It is about you getting him to fill you with the living water that is spiritual and so you got it leave the physical thinking you got to get on your knees and got to start connecting to the Lord in your spirit, and then that you're going to have a new way and that's when you're going to get revival in your life, power over the enemy to be pure and clean and stop sinning everyday, and you will be able to put out the devil daily because you will have the power through Jesus Christ. And that's why I am here to warn about it. You need the sword of the Spirit. The sword of the Spirit is not the Bible, the sword of the Spirit is the Holy Spirit living within you of those who obeyed the Lord Jesus Christ and then the Holy Spirit within you will be able to use the Bible against the enemy and all kinds of ways and also his own words. But it is the Holy Spirit that you need. You need to have him fill you dear friends hallelujah......