Sunday, August 5, 2012

JESUS' COMMANDMENTS THAT MUST BE OBEYED TO BE SAVED

He who keeps the Lord's commandments and follows them is a wise person and who does not keep the Lord's commandments and who does not follow them is a foolish person and they will ship-wreck their faith and the destruction of their house shall be great. I read in Matthew chapter 7:24: anybody who listens to my teachings and follows them is like a wise person who builds his house on the solid rock. Though the rains come in torrents and the floodwaters rise in the winds beat against that house it won't collapse because because it is built upon the rock. Anyone who hears my teachings and does not obey them is like a foolish person who builds their house on the sand when the rains come in the flood comes in the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with the mighty crash. It is the words of Jesus that we must obey. The words of Jesus, and today I'm going to be telling you all the commandments of our Lord as written.

Jesus says in Matthew chapter 5 verse 16; let your good deeds shine for all to see so that everybody will praise your heavenly father. I warn you unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of the law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of God. But I say if you are angry with somebody you are subject to judgment. If you call somebody a fool, you are in danger of being brought before the court. If you curse somebody you are in danger of hellfire. If you have something against somebody, you must go and reconcile with that person. Then come and offer to God. Do not resist an evil person, if somebody slaps you on one cheek offer him the other cheek also. If you are sued by somebody for your coat, give him your jacket as well. Give to those who ask don't turn away from those you want to borrow. I say love your enemies and do good to those who persecute you. If you only love those who love you how are you better than anybody else? For even the pagans do as much. You are to be perfect even as your heavenly father is perfect. When you give to somebody in need, don't do as the hypocrites do and trumpet your good deeds. When you give to somebody in need, don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.

Give your gifts in private. When you pray, pray to your father behind closed doors and praise your father in private and tell your father who sees everything. He will reward you when you pray. Don't babble on like a religious who think they will receive answers from their prayers by repeating their words again and again, the heavenly father knows what you need even before you ask him. If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly father will not forgive your sins. When you fast, comb your hair and wash your face then nobody would notice you are fasting except your father in heaven. He sees everything you do and he will reward you. Don't store up your treasure on this earth, store up your treasure in heaven. Where your treasure is there your heart desires will be also. Nobody can serve two masters. You will hate one and love the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

I tell you do not worry about your daily life whether you have enough food and drink and clothing, for life is more than these things. Look at the birds they don't have barns nor do they store their food, yet your heavenly father feeds them. And can all your worries add a single moment your life? God cares about you, so why do you have so little faith? Seek you first the kingdom of God above all else, live righteously, and he will give you everything according to what you need. Don't worry about tomorrow for today has enough troubles of its own. Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For the standard you judge others, will be the standard by which you will be judged. Don't waste what is holy on people who are unholy.

Don't throw your pearls to pigs or they'll all come and trample you. Keep asking and you will receive what you ask. Keep seeking and you'll find. Keep knocking and the door will be opened to you. Everybody who asks receives, everybody who seeks finds, everybody who knocks the door will be opened. Do to others as you would have them do to you. This is the essence of what is taught in the law of the prophets.

You cannot enter God's kingdom except you go through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad and many choose that way, but the gateway to life is very narrow and it is difficult and only a few people find it. A good tree produces good fruit and a bad tree produces bad fruit. You can identify a tree by its fruit so you can identify people by their actions. Don't be afraid of those who threaten you, for the time is coming when everything that is hidden shall be revealed.

Don't be afraid of those who want to kill the body, for they cannot touch your soul. Fear God who can destroy both your body and your soul in hell. Don't be afraid you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows. Everybody who acknowledges me publicly on this earth I will acknowledge them before my father in heaven. Everybody who denies me here on earth, I will deny them before my father in heaven. Don't think I came to bring peace to the earth, I came to bring a sword of division. I have come to set a man against his father, daughter against mother, daughter-in-law against mother-in-law, your enemies will be of your own household. If you love your father and mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine.

If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. If you cling to your life you will lose it, but if you give up your life for my sake you will find it. If you receive a prophet as one who speaks for God you will be given the same reward as a prophet. If you receive righteous people because they're righteous, you will be given a reward like them. And if you give a cup of water to one of the least of my followers, you will surely be rewarded. Come to me all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens. I will give you rest and put my yoke upon you. Let me teach you because I'm humble and gentle of heart and you will find rest for your souls for my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Anybody who isn't with me, opposes me.

And anybody who isn't working with me is actually working against me. A tree is identified by its fruit. How can evil men speak what is good and right? For whatever is in your heart determines what you say. A good person produces good fruit from the treasury of a good heart, an evil person produces sin, evil things, from the treasury of an evil heart. I tell you this; you will be called to account on Judgment Day for every single idle word that you have spoken. The words you say will either acquit you or they will condemn you on the day of judgment. The seed that falls on the foot path represents those who hear the message about the kingdom, they don't understand it, and then the evil one comes and snatches away the seed that they received and it dies. The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with joy, but they soon fall away when they have problems arise or they are persecuted for believing in God's word. The seed that fell among the thorns, represents those who hear God's Word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries and the cares of this life and the lure of wealth and no fruit is produced. The seed that fell on good soil represents those who hear and understand God's Word, and they produce a mighty harvest. Just as weeds are sorted out and burned, so it will be at the time of the end of the world.

The Son of Man will send his angels and they will remove from his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil, and the Angels will throw them into the fiery furnace where there will be a weeping and gnashing of teeth. And the righteous will shine like the sun in their father's kingdom. Anybody who has an ear must listen and understand. Anything you eat passes into your stomach and then goes into the sewer. But the words you speak come from the heart. That's what the defile you. For from the heart comes evil thoughts, murder and adultery, all sexual immorality, theft and lying and slander. These are what defile a man. If any of you wish to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross and follow me. If you try and hang on to your life you'll lose it, but if you give up your life for my sake you will find it. What benefit is it for you to gain the whole world yet lose your own soul? Is there anything worth more than your soul? For the Son of Man will come with all his angels in the glory of the father and he will judge all people according to their DEEDS.

I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins, and become like a little child, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven! Anybody who becomes as humble as a little child is the greatest in the kingdom of God. What sorrow awaits this world because it tempts people to sin. Temptations are inevitable, but what sorrow awaits the people who does the tempting. If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better to enter eternal life with one hand or one foot, than to be thrown in the external fire with both your hands and feet. If your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than have two eyes and be cast into the fires of hell.

Beware that you don't look down on any of the little ones, for I tell you that in heaven their angels are always in the presence of the father. If a man has 100 sheep and one should run away, won't he leave the 99 and go and seek for the one that was lost? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he will rejoiced more over it, than the other 99 that didn't wander away. In the same way is it not my heavenly father's will, that even not one of these little ones should perish. If anyone's sins against you, go privately to them and point out their offense. If they listen you have won that person back. If you are unsuccessful, bring others to them and if they still won't listen, take your case to all the believers, the church. Then if they won't accept the correction, treat this person like a pagan. I tell you the truth whatever you've forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven.

I tell you this also, if two of you agree here on earth concerning something you ask, my father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there amongst them. If you want to be perfect, go and sell what you have and give the money to the poor, and you'll have your treasure in heaven, and then come follow me. I tell you the truth, it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. And I'll say it again but it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God. Humanly speaking it is impossible, but with God everything is possible. I assure you that when the world is made new and the Son of Man sits upon his glorious throne, you who have been my followers will also sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel.

And everybody else who has given up house, or brother, or sister, or father, children, or property for my sake, will receive 100 times as much in reward and eternal life. You know that the rulers of the world lord it over their people and officials flaunt their authority over others, but among you it must be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant and whoever wants to be first among you must be your slave. For even the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve others and give his life for a ransom for many. I tell you the truth, if you have faith and you don't doubt you can do things like this and much more. You can even say to this mountain, may you be lifted up and thrown into the sea and it will happen. You can pray for things and if you have faith you'll receive. You must love the Lord God with all your heart and mind and soul. This is the first and the greatest commandment.

The second is equally important; love your neighbor as yourself. The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments. The greatest among you must be your servant. Those who exalt themselves will be humbled. Those who humble themselves will be exalted. When the Son of Man returns it will be like in the days of Noah. For in those days people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up until the day Noah entered the ark. People didn't realize what was happening until the flood came and swept them all away. This is how it will be when the Son of Man comes. Two men will be working in the field, one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding flour in the mill, one will be taken and the other left. So you to must keep watch, for you don't know the hour your Lord is coming. Understand that if the homeowner knew the hour the thief was to come, he would not allow his house to be broken into. You also must be ready for the Son of Man will come when least expected. A faithful sensible servant to whom a master can give responsibility of mastering his other household servants, the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job and there will be a reward. But if the servant is evil and thinks that my master won't be back for a long time and he starts eating and drinking with the drunkards and beating the other servants, the master returned unannounced and unexpected and he will have the servant cut into pieces and assigned a place with the hypocrites in the outer darkness where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

But when the Son of Man comes in all his glory and all the angels with him, he will sit down on his glorious throne and all the nations will be gathered in his presence. He will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on the right; come to me you blessed by my father, for you have inherited the kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. I was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me a drink. I was naked and you clothed me, and I was sick and you cared for me. I was in prison and you visited me. And the righteous ones will ask; Lord when did we ever see you hungry and thirsty and give you something to drink? Or naked and give the clothing? Or in prison and visited you? And the King will say; I tell you the truth when you it to the least of these brethren of mine you were doing it unto me. And then the King will say to those on the left, away with me you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you didn't feed me. I was thirsty and you didn't give me a drink. And I was a stranger and you didn't invite me in. I was naked and you didn't clothe me, and I was sick and you didn't help me and visit me. And then they'll reply; Lord when it we ever see you hungry or thirsty or naked or sick or in prison and we did not help you? And he will answer them; I tell you the truth when you refused to help the least of my brothers and sisters you're refusing to help me. They will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous will go away into everlasting life.

Put away your sword those who use the sword shall die by the sword. Don't you realize that I could ask my father for thousands of angels to protect us and he would send them instantly! Keep watch and pray always that you don't give into temptation. For the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Everybody will be tested by fire. Salt is good for seasoning but if it loses its flavour, how do you make it salty again? You must have salt amongst yourselves and live in peace with one another. Whoever divorces his wife and marries somebody else commits adultery against her. And if a woman divorces her husband and married somebody else she commits adultery.

The coming of the Son of Man can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip, when he left home he gave each of his slave's instructions about the work they were to do, and he told the gatekeeper to watch for his return. You too must keep watch for you do not know when the master of the house is going to return. In the evening in midnight or dawn or before daybreak, don't let him find you sleeping when he returns. I say to you what I say to everyone, watch for him. Pay attention to what you hear. Those who listen to my teachings more understanding will be given. Those who are not listening even what they think they have will be taken away from them. If you want to be my disciple, you must hate every thing else by comparison; your father and mother, wife children and brothers and sisters, even your own life otherwise he cannot be my disciple. And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. Don't begin until you count the cost, otherwise you might not complete only the foundations before running out and people laugh at you. You must count the cost if you want to be my disciple. You cannot be my disciple without giving up everything that you have. If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large things.

If you are dishonest with little things you won't be honest with greater responsibilities. If you are untrustworthy about worldly wealth, who will trust you with heavenly wealth. If you are not faithful with other people's things, why should you be trusted with things of your own? No one can serve two masters. You cannot serve God and money. There will always be temptation to sin but woe to the person who does the tempting. If another believer sins rebuke that person. Then if there is repentance, forgive. Even if that person wrongs you 70 times a day and each time asks you for forgiveness, you must forgive them. If you have faith even as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this tree; be uprooted and be thrown into the sea and it will obey you. When a servant comes in from plowing does his master say come eat with me? No, he says prepare my meal and serve me while I eat and you can eat later. And does the master thank the servant for doing what he told him to do? Of course not! In the same way you obey me, you should say we are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty.

I tell you the truth unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the son of man, you cannot have eternal life within you. Anybody who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise that person up on the last day. I live because of the living father who sent me in the same way anybody who feeds on me will live because of me. I am the true bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will never die like your ancestors did. The spirit alone gives eternal life and the very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life. But some of you don't believe me, that is why I say that people can't come to me unless the father gives them to me.

You cannot enter the kingdom of heaven without becoming born again of water and the Spirit. Humans can produce only human life but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. Don't be surprised when I say you must be born again. The wind blows and just as you hear the wind blowing and you can't tell where it is coming from, so you can't explain how people are born of the Spirit. No one has ever gone to heaven and returned, but the Son of Man has come down from heaven and as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up so everybody who believes on him, will have eternal life. God so loved the world that he sent his only son so that everybody who believes on him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his son into the world not to judge it, but to save the world through him.

There is no judgment against anybody who believes in him. Anybody who does not believe in him, has a ready being judged for not believing in God's only son. And the judgment is based on the fact that God's light has come into the world, that people love darkness more than they love light for their actions are evil. All who do evil refused to come to the light for fear their sins will be exposed. But those who do what is right, come to the light so everybody can see that they are doing what God wants. Anybody who drinks of water will be thirsty again, but those who drink of the water that I give, will never be thirsty again. It is a fresh bubbling spring within them giving their eternal life. God is Spirit and he's looking for those who worship him in spirit and in truth. I am the Messiah. I assure you now that the time is coming and is indeed here now when the dead will hear the voice of the son of God.

And those who listen will live. The father has life in himself and he has granted the same life-giving power to the son and he has given him authority to judge everybody because he is the son of man. Don't be surprised, indeed the time is coming when all the dead in their graves will hear the voice of the son of God, and that will arise. Those who have done good will arise to eternal life, those who have continued in sin will arise to experienced judgment. I can do nothing on my own, I judge as God tells me therefore my judgment is just because I carry out the will of the one who sent me.

Anyone who is thirsty and let him come to me and drink anyone who believes in me may he come and drink for the scriptures declare that rivers of living water will flow from his heart. I am the light of the world, if you follow me you'll never walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life. I tell you the truth everybody who sins is a slave to sin; and a slave is not a permanent member of the family of God, but the son is part of the family forever and if the son sets you free you are truly free. I entered this world is to render judgment to give sight to the blind and to show that those who think they see, they really are blind. I am the resurrection and the life anyone who believes in me will live even after dying.

Anyone who lives in me and believes in me will never die. If you trust in me you are trusting not only me but also in God who sent me. For when you see me you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in the dark world, and all who put their trust in me will not remain in darkness. I will not judge those who hear me but don't obey me, for I have come to save the world not judge it, but they who reject me and my message will be judged by the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken. I don't speak of my authority, the father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commandments lead to eternal life, so I say whatever the father says to me to say. All who reject me and my message will be judged on the day of judgment by the truth that I have spoken. If you love me obey my commandments and I will ask the father and he will give you another advocate, the Holy Spirit, who will lead you into all truth and will never leave you. The world cannot receive him because it isn't looking for him but you know him because he lives in you now and later will be with you. I do not abandon you as orphans, when I'm raised to life again you'll know that I am with my father and you are with me.

Those who accept my commandments and obey them, I and my father will love them and I will love them and reveal myself to each one of them. My sheep know my voice and they hear and they listen to me. They do not follow anybody else. I am the way the truth and the life nobody can come to the Father except through me. If he had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on you do know him because you have seen me. I tell you the truth he who believes in me will do great works that I have done an even greater. You can ask for things in my name and I will do it so that the son of man can bring glory to the father. Yes ask for things in my name and I will do it. Anyone who does not love me will not obey me, and remember my words are not my own.

I'm leaving you a free gift, peace of mind and peace of heart, and at peace I give is a gift the world cannot give you. So don't be troubled or afraid. Remember what I told you. If you really loved me you would be happy that I'm going away. I have told you these things that when they happen you will believe. I am the vine and you are the branches, my father is the gardener. And he cuts off every vine branch that doesn't bear fruit. Remain in me and I in you for the branch cannot produce fruit while it is severed from the vine. I am the vine you are the branches, you who remain in me and I in you will produce much fruit. When you produce much fruit you are my disciples and this brings great joy to my father. Anybody who does not remain in me and withers up is a useless branch and such branches are gathered and cut off and they are thrown into the furnace and burnt. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want and it will be granted. Go into all the world and preach the good news of the kingdom. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. He who does not believe will be condemned......